Announcing the February 2023 Foreign Service Officer Test (FSOT)
Are you thinking about becoming a Foreign Service Officer? The first step to a career in the Foreign Service is the FSOT. The FSOT is an important part of the FSO selection process, covering the job knowledge, English expression, and situational judgement necessary to work as a Foreign Service Officer. The FSOT also includes an essay. Information about the Foreign Service selection process can be found at http://careers.state.gov/. The Department of State announced that the February 2023 FSOT will be administered from February 4 – 11, 2023.
In conjunction with PEARSONVUE, the Embassy will offer the FSOT at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, February 9th, 2023, in the U.S. Embassy Training Room (1131). Registration will be closed on February 2, 2023. To register for the test please go to http://www.pearsonvue.com/fsot/.
Please visit the U.S. Department of State 8 Steps to Becoming a Foreign Services Officer and eligibility requirements. https://careers.state.gov/work/foreign-service/officer/test-process/
Important notes on your test day, please keep in mind that:
- 30- minutes early arrival prior to the test is strongly encouraged to allow enough time for the security check-in process and to be directed to the Test site. Please contact Lien Vu by email VuPL@state.gov or by phone: (+261) 33 44 322 92 for access assistance if you decide to take the test at the Embassy, Antananarivo.
- The Embassy Address: Lot 207A Andranoro, Antehiroka 105 Antananarivo, Madagascar.
- A photo ID is required to enter the Embassy.
- The test will promptly start at 9AM and end at 12PM on February 9th, 2022.
- Limited parking is available on a first-come first-served basis.