Last updated: May 16, 2022
*** Effective December 6, 2021, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older, regardless of vaccination status or citizenship, must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within one calendar day of travel. Alternatively, travelers to the United States may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel. Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions. ***
- Borders are open.
- Are either PCR or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Comoros? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available by the following calendar day? Yes
- COVID-19 testing is available at the former office of the Anti-Malaria Project. The cost is 30,000 Comorian Francs (approximately 72 USD).
- For information on limited humanitarian exemptions to CDC’s requirement that all U.S. bound travelers present a negative COVID test, please review the Department’s latest guidance.
- Humanitarian exemptions to this order will be granted on an extremely limited basis and will only be considered when the country of departure lacks adequate COVID-19 testing capacity.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of Comoros approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes
- Are vaccines available in Comoros for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Which vaccines are available in Comoros? Pfizer and Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines are both available.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- The U.S. government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes, but options are limited.
- Is public transportation operating? Yes, and all passengers, drivers, and assistants must wear masks.
Fines for Non-Compliance
- Failure to comply with mask requirements may result in a fine of 7,500 Comorian francs (approximately 18 USD).
- American Citizen Services are being offered at the U.S. Embassy in Antananarivo.
- Routine visa services are being offered at the U.S. Embassy in Antananarivo, but limited appointments are available.