Tax Season is here. Remember to file your income taxes!
The U.S. Embassy would like to remind U.S. citizens that they are required to file their federal income taxes with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) by April 18, 2022. If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien living or traveling outside the United States, you generally are required to file income tax returns, estate tax returns, and gift tax returns, and pay estimated tax in the same way as those residing in the United States. Your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of where you reside.
Please visit the IRS website for U.S. taxpayers living abroad at: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/us-citizens-and-resident-aliens-abroad . Links to further IRS guidance are available on the Federal Benefits and Obligations page on travel.state.gov .
Visit the Embassy’s web page for more information on COVID-19 and related restrictions and conditions in Comoros.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Comoros:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Country Security Report for Comoros.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.