Last updated: June 14, 2022
*** As of 12:01 a.m. EDT June 12, 2022, the CDC order requiring all persons aged two and above to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before boarding a flight to the United States, is rescinded. Starting at 12:01 a.m. EDT on June 12, 2022, the CDC will no longer order air passengers to show a negative COVID-19 test result, or show documentation of recovery from COVID-19, prior to boarding a flight to the United States. Of note, CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers. ***
- Borders are open.
- Are either PCR or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Comoros? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available by the following calendar day? Yes
- COVID-19 testing is available at the former office of the Anti-Malaria Project. The cost is 30,000 Comorian Francs (approximately 72 USD).
- For information on limited humanitarian exemptions to CDC’s requirement that all U.S. bound travelers present a negative COVID test, please review the Department’s latest guidance .
- Humanitarian exemptions to this order will be granted on an extremely limited basis and will only be considered when the country of departure lacks adequate COVID-19 testing capacity.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Has the government of Comoros approved a COVID-19 vaccine for use? Yes
- Are vaccines available in Comoros for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Which vaccines are available in Comoros? Pfizer and Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines are both available.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- The U.S. government does not plan to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to private U.S. citizens overseas. Please follow host country developments and guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Are commercial flights operating? Yes, but options are limited.
- Is public transportation operating? Yes, and all passengers, drivers, and assistants must wear masks.
Fines for Non-Compliance
- Failure to comply with mask requirements may result in a fine of 7,500 Comorian francs (approximately 18 USD).
- American Citizen Services are being offered at the U.S. Embassy in Antananarivo.
- Routine visa services are being offered at the U.S. Embassy in Antananarivo, but limited appointments are available.